Interior designer top tips for renovatingOctober 9, 2014
Renovating your home can be a daunting but very exciting and rewarding experience. It allows you to really put a stamp on your property while also adding value.
You may be renovating a whole house or just upgrading a room. Consider these interior design tips and start planning your next renovating project.
- Firstly be prepared and consider that you may have to move out of your property during the renovation, either look at staying with relatives or a short-term rental option.
- Make a project plan allowing time to complete the work at each stage. Be realistic with your expectations.
- If you are changing the façade of the home request permission from council and talk to the professionals in this area that can assist you in this process.
- Make sure you engage experts in the renovation field, as this will be worthwhile in the long run, to save you making mistakes that could have been picked up early on.
- As we all know renovations will always take longer than we anticipate, do try to stick to a timeframe, as you don’t want your renovation to go on any longer than it needs to especially if your planning to put this property on the market once complete. Time is money.
- Make sure you stick to your budget, there will be unexpected costs that you may have not considered so do try to allow for this.
- Look at getting a valuation done before and after your renovation, as this will be useful when you plan to sell. It will show potential buyers the added value you have made to your property.
Happy planning and remember to enjoy the process!
As seen in Geelong GT Magazine