Styling a beautiful Christmas TableNovember 12, 2016
The weather is starting to show us some signs of summer so why not start getting your homes ready for Christmas that way you’re organised and not rushed in doing everything at the last minute. If you’re hosting Christmas lunch or dinner now is the time to get everything organised. Hosting parties are not about getting stressed they are about celebrating good times with family and friends and enjoying good food and great company.
– Decide on your colour theme you may want to be daring and explore brighter colours hot pink/silver, lime green/silver, aqua blue/silver or classic silver/white. You will notice in retail stores that decorations and table settings are based around colour trends in homeware and fashion design. I find it’s a great idea to start with a base colour and then change your accent colour seasonally. Much more economical and fun to explore new colour schemes for your Christmas table.
– Have a look at your glassware, napkins & placemats etc. You may be able to work with what you have or it might be a perfect time to buy some fresh napkins, placemats or table cloth which you can use for your up and coming events.
– If you’re on a budget an idea for your dining table could be to fold wrapping paper as a table runner in your chosen accent colour to give the table a pop of colour and contrast this with a white table cloth to keep it fresh. If you want to create a more rustic charm then just work with a table runner in a natural linen or brown paper and placemats with plenty of texture. If your dining table is a natural wood colour then this will really set the rustic scene.
– Layering your dinner set starting with dinner plate, entrée plate, bread and butter plate & desert bowl not only looks great but creates more room on your table for food. You may decide to have a label card where your guests will sit and a sandwich board with the menu set up to start the conversation as your guests gather around the table.
– Napkins can be tied with thick ribbon, twine or if you come across the perfect napkin rings that work with your colour theme and can be used again for other events then perfect purchase.
– Start from the middle of the table focusing on a centre piece and work from there, it may be a large floral arrangement which you can put together working to your colour theme or you could order the perfect centre piece floral arrangement from your florist. I love working with nature and adding what is in your garden and purchasing additional flowers from your florist to finish off your table. Pine cones are perfect to use and adding decorations with foliage.
– Keep to your Christmas theme from the front door, if you have urns on either side of your front entrance, bright thick ribbon around these looks fantastic. Then work through your property, if your style is natural then create texture throughout your home with foliage a few trays displayed with nuts, cheeses, crackers, natural coloured or green mini Christmas trees, cinnamon sticks, pinecones.
– Theming your food to work in with your Christmas style is a great idea too, especially with Hors D’oeuvres and deserts.
Have fun and Merry Christmas from the team at Premium Interior Styling!